Yeovil Town 2 Boston United 1

Two of Colin Addison's most recent acquisitions got Yeovil's goals, so the recent transfers are obviously having the desired effect. It was obvious right from the start that Boston were a very physical side. They battled for the ball and passed it around well when they had it. Yeovil enjoyed most of the possession in the first half, and they should have scored at least three goals.

McIndoe was excellent on the wing and combined with Barrington Belgrave the Yeovil attack looked deadly. Belgrave's cross fell to Warren Patmore, who flicked the ball onto Nick Crittenden who was one on one with goalkeeper Bastock. He completely missed the target, when it looked easier to score. In fact the only person who was challenged by the strike was one of the stewards who had to go to fetch the ball from the closed home terrace.

Then only a short while afterwards Belgrave broke down the wing and played the ball to Warren Patmore, who found himself up against Bastock, but the keeper produced an excellent save to the delight of the travelling fans and their bass drum. Then Belgrave supplied another chance, he worked his way past the defenders and crossed the ball into the area where Skiverton, Patmore and Crittenden all failed to make the connection.

Dave Piper then tried an audacious chip which looked to be waste of time, until Bastock palmed it over the bar for a corner. Yeovil should have had three by now and were beginning to wonder if they were ever going to score. Belgrave put a ball into the area which was deflected and cleared away after Ben Smith's strike, this then hit a few more players before debutant McIndoe blasted it high into the roof of the net to send the Yeovil fans wild, finally all the pressure had paid off.

Yeovil never wanted the first half to end, but it did, and the half time score was 1-0. In the second half Boston came out attacking and had Yeovil under a lot of pressure for much of the first 15 minutes or so. A free kick just past the half way line almost seemed to go in as Chris Weale collided with one of the attackers and the ball was deflected before being gathered up again by the Yeovil keeper.

Yeovil were grateful when they got their second goal, it ended the spell in which they were under pressure. Good passing between McIndoe, Belgrave and Crittenden released Belgrave down the wing, he charged past his marker and edged his run into the penalty area towards goal where he was then fouled. The referee spotted the foul and rightly awarded the penalty. Simon Betts was used to taking penalties at Scarborough, and he converted perfectly to make the score 2-0 to Yeovil.

From here on Yeovil just had chance after chance and it made you wonder whether they were ever going to score four of five, but they just couldn't find the net. It was all so comfortable until Boston scored a contender for what could be goal of the season. The ball was simply being passed around about 30 yards from goal when it just dropped out of the air and Mark Rawle volleyed it over Chris Weale and into the net. It made a nervous last few minutes, but Yeovil held on, and it's just as well they did. Rushden & Diamonds beat Scarborough 1-0, and so anything less then three points would have been a disaster for Colin Addison's side. Yeovil deserved to win the game, and with an important sequence of games coming up Yeovil fans would like to think that the recent run of inconsistent form is now behind them. On Tuesday they are at home to Dagenham & Redbridge, in a game which could see the glovers go six points clear, should they win the game.